Friday 17 December 2010

Foggy Foggy Forest

I went into my old school today and talked to my old art teacher. I want to aim the brief at young children and Mrs Brennan has a two year old son, so I thought it would be useful to get some feed back on my work. It was great, Mrs Brennan was really helpful! She showed me some of her son's favourite books and I fell in love with one in particular:
"The Foggy Foggy Forest" by Nick Sharratt


it's a very unique book where the images have been printed onto tracing paper. This means that you can very faintly see through the whole book making it appear "foggy" The child has to "peer through the foggy pages" and guess what the silhouette is. As you turn the page there is a vivid, full colour illustration on the other side revealing the answer. I have to admit that this book has gone on my Christmas wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment