Friday 21 January 2011

"Air dry your clothes instead of paying for a tumble dryer"

I wasn't happy with the final washing line design. Using a graphics tablet I made parts of the image, such as the pegs look, stronger by making the lines straighter etc.

Also, I originally decided to add some colour to the illustrations. I decided to experiment with colour as the images are monochrome. I wanted to use a single colour, such as green, to highlight a certain part of the image. However, I felt it didn't look right and made the images look a bit like a colouring book for kids. I asked others and they all agreed that the simple black and white images were better.


The simple, black and white image.

I also swapped the order of the clothes around and added a washing basket to add more "levels", making the images more interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment