Wednesday 26 January 2011

Two more illustrations...

Lunch-box and soap dispenser illustrations

Now I have found a routine way to produce the illustrations I am finding the process a lot quicker:
  • First I hand draw the illustrations in my sketchbook with a pencil then go around the edge with a fine liner to make a clear and distinctive outline.
  • Then scan the image into Adobe Photoshop.
  • In Photoshop i adjust the image until it is in black and white using the selection wand and brush tool and a graphics tablet. From doing this i found out about selecting the inverse which meant I could get the fine white lines.
  • I then Live Traced the image in Adobe Illustrator
  • If there were any "wonky" circular or straight parts i used the pen tool to neaten them up and create a blunt/ sharp edge.
  • I would then keep flicking the the image back and forth between Photoshop and Illustrator until i was satisfied. (I had to remember that every time i adjusted the illustration in Photoshop i had to Live Trace it after to keep it looking sharp).

No comments:

Post a Comment