Monday 7 February 2011

Final Cover

I asked around and everyone preferred this cover best...


..because:
  • positioning of the illustration
  • sideways 101 the same size as pig
I want to continue the black silhouette theme on the cover. However, I saw a sketchbook in a shop today which had brown paper as the cover. I really liked this aspect and thought it would suit my book: it is cheap yet effective as it reflects the 'cheap' idea.
I will need to think about:
  • size of the cover- the size of the spine/ the distance between the front and back when printing
  • whether brown paper will actually work in a printer or will i have to screen print?
  • brown paper is too thin as a cover for what i want to do, i will have to mount it on some thicker card.. is this possible when soft binding a book, or will it pucker?

No comments:

Post a Comment