Friday 4 February 2011

Popcorn 2

I found the popcorn image the most difficult to draw. It was hard to get the actual popcorn silhouette right as they don't really have a distinctive shape.

The first image is my original illustration. I thought it looked ok, and you could tell what it was, until I asked for feedback. Someone thought it was a burning skyscraper. Although it doesn't really matter if it's not obvious what the image is as the text will be supporting it, I still wanted to change it.

I went to the cinema and bought a pot of popcorn. I changed the image by making the cardboard popcorn box wider and the frills at the top edge of the box more stand out more. I also defined the shape of the actual popcorn and added some popcorn at the base of the box.

From this process I learnt that it is important to get feedback on what you are doing from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment